The Deadly Mercury Fillings Side Effects
Mercury fillings side effects can produce several symptoms, as suggested by the following evidence. These side effects are insideous and dangerous.
Mercury fillings side effects are nothing to laugh about. Following is a list of some of the symptoms of how mercury is a danger to the health of ourselves and our children.
- Amalgam fillings release small amounts of mercury as vapour, which can be absorbed by our your lungs or even inhaled1. You can read more on the toxic vapours produced from amalgam fillings here.
- Mercury is so potent that every problem with our health that we will ever handle can be made worse by it, whether that is by causing the problem or just being a factor in it. Mercury poisoning acquired from amalgam fillings, is slow to build up and may take years to show any related symptom. It is not considered a disease, but mercury poisoning is a problem of a very slow accumulation over a long period of time. In the process of accumulating, the mercury is slowly poisoning you2.
- The primary source of being exposed to mercury, for those that do not have the danger at their work place, is from fillings that incorporate amalgam. The World Health Organisation, in their publication, Environmental Health Criteria, illustrated that amalgam fillings produce the highest level of mercury exposure, which “could be up to nine times all the other sources combined”3. Mercury is toxic to the degree of being the most toxic of all of the heavy metals4. Therefore, just imagine what it will do to our bodies.
- The effects of mercury have been scientifically proven to damage the workings of your nervous system, immune system, kidneys and cardiovascular system. It is so deadly, to the point of a spillage of mercury that is the size of a regular filling has required the evacuation of entire buildings5.
- It is rather ironic that dental regulatory agencies expect materials that are used to produce an amalgam filling, like mercury, zinc, silver, tin and copper to be placed in a container that is reserved for hazardous waste when they enter the dental office. When amalgam fillings need to be removed from teeth, they must also be put in a container reserved for hazardous waste. They don’t however, have a problem with placing mercury in your child’s mouth.
- This logic states that effectively, your child’s tooth with this filling, effectively becomes a hazardous waste container2. Who would be prepared to declare their child’s mouth contains a hazardous waste container, I know I definitely wouldn’t.
- The process of removal of an amalgam filling requires your dentist to change into the equivalent of a hazardous materials suit. Despite all these recognized risks, dentists still don’t have a problem with placing mercury in your mouth or your children’s mouth5. You can read more about hazmat suits here.
- Amalgam fillings don’t match your natural tooth colour and some people which is not a good look6. Just picture this, you are smiling at someone and one of your teeth is a silver colour. It is just a little off putting. Due to the colour difference, many people prefer to have composite resin fillings placed7.
If this information has shocked you or you are interested in avoiding getting amalgam fillings:
Click here to read a review of a fish oil that I personally use to reverse tooth decay.
This will work towards preventing you from encountering some of these horrific symptoms. I have used it to reverse tooth decay so I know it works.
Click here to go back to my post on the poisoning toxicity of mercury amalgam.
Click here to go to my post on amalgam fillings vs composite resin fillings
3 WHO “International Programme on Chemical Safety,” Environmental Health Criteria 118: Inorganic Mercury. p 36, 1991, cited in http://www.natural-dentistry.com/articles/amalgam-part-2, Diagnosis, para 2
4 WHO “International Programme on Chemical Safety.” Environmental Health Criteria 118: Inorganic Mercury. p 36, 1991, cited in http://www.natural-dentistry.com/articles/amalgam-part-2